Make your voice heard for hard-working, struggling families. Together, we can create real change.
If you feel like you want to do more than make a donation, you can always take the next step. Long-term solutions for ALICE may require policy change. And policy change begins with advocacy.
For information about how United Ways across Connecticut are working to improve the lives of ALICE, visit https://alice.ctunitedway.org/
For a report on the Connecticut Legislature’s February 2019 Legislative Forum on ALICE, click here.
Simple Ways to Advocate for Your Neighbors and Community
- Complete the 2020 U.S. Census --the census can now be submitted online!
- Don't forget key dates for the 2020 elections: Connecticut's Presidential Primary election will be Tues. Aug. 3, 2020. The general election is Tue. Nov. 3, 2020. See additional dates for registration and requesting absentee ballots.
- Register to vote, and encourage others to register.
- Contact your elected officials about issues affecting hard-working residents.
- Use social media to create awareness with your family, friends and networks and encourage their involvement. Share. Tweet. Post. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to engage and be informed.
- Request a United Way speaker for your workplace or social club and learn more about how we’re making a change in the communities we serve.
If you or someone you know is in immediate need, call 2-1-1 or visit 211ct.org.
If you have questions about United Way of Western Connecticut’s services for yourself or someone you know, please call 203-792-5330.