When you support United Way of Western Connecticut, it is a step in an enriching and deep relationship, not just a transaction. We value our donors as partners in our mission to strengthen our community, to ensure that every person and every home is healthy and strong.
You are the key to our success. Thanks to the generosity of donors like you, United Way has invested your donations in initiatives and collaboratives that have proven results for our community. There are many ways to support our work and our community:
- Make your gift online. It's the easy, secure way to make a one-time gift, or opt to make a recurring gift for a longer term impact.
- Gifts of stock can be a very powerful tool to manage your personal taxes and meet your philanthropic goals at the SAME time. For most taxpayers any gift of stock that has been held for at least one year - defined as a 'long term' holding - can be written off at fair market value against income if donated to a qualified charity such as United Way of Western Connecticut. For more information, please contact Jennifer Smith at 203-297-6305.
- Donor Advised Funds - coming soon!
- IRA owners over age 70½ can make a gift from their IRA directly to a qualified charity such as United Way of Western Connecticut. An IRA charitable rollover gift can help satisfy your required minimum distribution, reduce your taxable income, and further the work of a charitable organization. Please speak with a tax advisor to see if a gift of stock or through your IRA at this time makes sense for you and your financial goals. For more information, please contact Jennifer Smith at 203-297-6305.
- Double your impact. Many employers match their employees’ gifts, some by as much as 100%.
1.) Confirm: Ask your HR contact or your employer’s Charitable Giving department if they offer gift matching, or check your workplace intranet.
2.) Complete: Print or request your company’s matching gift form, or submit via your workplace intranet. Review the program guidelines to see whether United Way is eligible. Note our name and address (below), the date and amount of your gift, and remember to sign the form if required.
3.) SEND: Forward it to us, and we’ll take it from there. You can email your completed form to MatchingGifts@uwwesternct.org
or drop it in the mail:
United Way of Western Connecticut
301 Main Street, Suite 2-5
Danbury, CT 06810
Prosperous communities start with thriving families. We all win when a child succeeds in school, workers have solid jobs, families are financially stable and our communities are healthy and strong. United We Win.