The Roberta K. Eichler Heart of Gold Scholarship
This $5,000 scholarship is awarded annually to support and promote the continuing education of an outstanding student volunteer from our community. We invite and encourage your participation in nominating a current high school senior for this rewarding scholarship opportunity. You may use this page to submit your nomination online.
|2016 Scholarship winner Alexandra Bergman, right, poses with 2016 Heart of Gold Honoree Tracie Wilson, SVP, Programming and Development with NBCUniversal,left and United Way EVP Bridget Fox, center.|
- Candidate must be a high school senior who is a Stamford resident, and/or attends a high school in Stamford and will be attending college in the fall.
- Candidate must be nominated by their school guidance counselor or teacher, the nonprofit agency at which he/she volunteers, the religious institution he/she attends, or other supervising person.
- Student must have been active over the past two years in one or more volunteer events/projects, serving at least 1 hour per week on average.
- Student displayed outstanding participation, dedication and commitment towards volunteer events/projects as well as volunteerism in general.
- Student has demonstrated leadership qualities in connection with volunteerism.
- Evaluation of student’s letter discussing, among other things, the importance of and benefits the student has personally derived from volunteering.
- Any other relevant factors or information submitted in support of the nomination.
Sunday, March 5, 2017.