The Roberta K. Eichler Heart of Gold Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded annually by United Way to support and promote the continuing education of an outstanding student volunteer from the Stamford community. We invite and encourage your participation in nominating a current high school senior for this rewarding scholarship opportunity. You may use this page to submit your nomination online.
This year two $5,000 scholarship awards will be available.
|2019 scholarship winners Claudia Lucien and Catherine Caragine pose with Stamford Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Tamu Lucero (center).|
- Candidate must be a high school senior who is a Stamford resident, and/or attends a high school in Stamford and will be attending college in the fall.
- Candidate must be nominated by their school guidance counselor or teacher, the nonprofit agency at which he/she volunteers, the religious institution he/she attends, or other supervising person.
- Student must have been active over the past two years in one or more volunteer events/projects, serving at least one hour per week on average.
- Student displayed outstanding participation, dedication and commitment towards volunteer events/projects as well as volunteerism in general.
- Student has demonstrated leadership qualities in connection with volunteerism.
- Evaluation of student’s letter discussing, among other things, the importance of and benefits the student has personally derived from volunteering.
- Any other relevant factors or information submitted in support of the nomination.
The application period has closed.
- Please note that this application is to be completed by the nominator.
- The nominator will complete basic student and nominator information on the webform.
- For question number 1, the student is responsible for submitting to the nominator a 1-3 page essay addressing the importance of volunteering and the personal benefits he/she has derived from volunteer experiences.
- For question number 2, the student can submit additional information such as academic accolades, extracurriculars or other scholarships you are applying for, etc.
- Please include the student's name in the filenames uploaded, for example, "HeartOfGoldScholarship_Question1_JSmith."
- Upon submission, an email with a copy of the submission in the body of the message will be sent to the email of the Nominator that you provide below (not the student). Please retain this message for your records.
- If you register for an account, you may access a save feature that will allow you to save and return to your application prior to submission.
If you have an account, you may log-in and save your progress and submission by utilizing "Save Draft" and "Preview" at the bottom of this form.
If you have any questions about the application or process, please contact Candy Yeager, Chair of the Roberta K. Eichler Heart of Gold Scholarship Committee via email