The Roberta K. Eichler Heart of Gold Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded annually to support and promote the continuing education of an outstanding student volunteer from our community. We invite and encourage your participation in nominating a current high school senior for this rewarding scholarship opportunity. You may use this page to submit your nomination online.
Thanks to support from a generous donor, this year two $5,000 scholarship awards will be available.
|2017 Scholarship winner Ariadna Lopez, poses with left to right, Mayor David Martin, Ariadna's brother, mother, and United Way of Western Connecticut's CEO Kimberly Morgan.|
- Candidate must be a high school senior who is a Stamford resident, and/or attends a high school in Stamford and will be attending college in the fall.
- Candidate must be nominated by their school guidance counselor or teacher, the nonprofit agency at which he/she volunteers, the religious institution he/she attends, or other supervising person.
- Student must have been active over the past two years in one or more volunteer events/projects, serving at least 1 hour per week on average.
- Student displayed outstanding participation, dedication and commitment towards volunteer events/projects as well as volunteerism in general.
- Student has demonstrated leadership qualities in connection with volunteerism.
- Evaluation of student’s letter discussing, among other things, the importance of and benefits the student has personally derived from volunteering.
- Any other relevant factors or information submitted in support of the nomination.
How to submit an online application
- Please note that this application is to be completed by the nominator.
- The nominator will complete basic student and nominator information on the webform.
- For question number 1, the student is responsible for submitting to the nominator a 1-3 page essay addressing the importance of volunteering and the personal benefits he/she has derived from volunteer experiences.
- For question number 2, the student can submit additional information such as academic accolades, extracurriculars or other scholarships you are applying for, etc.
- This year’s form includes a save feature that will allow you to save and review your application prior to submission.
Monday, March 5, 2018 by 5 pm
You must be logged in to complete this form.