Hometown Heroes 2018 Nomination Form
The Nomination process is now closed
Event Date: Saturday, December 1, 2018
Every community has unsung Heroes – people who distinguish themselves in their local communities by giving back through philanthropy or volunteerism – who make a significant difference in the lives of those in need. Hometown Heroes understand local needs; take initiative and act; exhibit leadership, commitment, and care about the impact made; and derive joy from their unselfish willingness to do whatever is needed in their community.
Our Hometown Heroes Benefit Dinner honors residents who do exceptional work in one of our area towns:
Bethel, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Danbury, Kent, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Redding, Ridgefield, Roxbury, Sherman, Warren, and Washington
This year, we will honor exceptional youth volunteers with Emerging Hero Awards.
In your nomination form below (the "Summary of Nominee's Activity"), please explain why your nominee should be honored as a Hometown Hero, including the ways in which the nominee fits the criteria as follows:
- Achievement – the nominee’s actual accomplishment produced significant results.
- Action – the involvement of the nominee is active and hands-on, not just a figurehead.
- Caring – as demonstrated by the nominee’s interaction with others.
- Commitment – the nominee has a sincere belief in their community.
- Impact – the nominee’s activity or program produced positive changes, provided examples for other groups.
- Initiative – the nominee recognizes a need in their local community and initiates new programs or activities to meet that need.
- Leadership – the nominee demonstrates singular leadership to contribute to their community.
- Time – the nominee dedicates considerable time and energy to making a difference in their community.
If you have any questions about the Hometown Heroes nomination process or the benefit dinner event, please contact Stacy Schulman at 203-826-8479 or email@example.com.