All youth succeed in education, career and life.
To collectively align community resources to ensure equity and excellence in education, for every child, from cradle to career.
Stamford Cradle to Career is a Collective Impact partnership with a solid and committed cross sector collaboration that is based on the nationally recognized StriveTogether Framework in creating a community-wide partnership. It is a road map to change and a new way for community stakeholders to work together. The overarching goal of Stamford Cradle to Career is to collectively align community resources to ensure that all youth succeed in education, career and life because successful children lead to a vibrant and thriving community. United Way of Western Connecticut is serving as the anchor and backbone entity providing management and fiscal support for the partnership.
In response to the critical goal of ensuring that our youth become active and productive citizens of our community, we must impact outcomes in new ways.
The Stamford Cradle to Career partnership has identified six key outcome areas to convene Community Action Networks (CANs) for intense focus with the goal of improvement. The key outcomes address school performance as wellas health and social emotional factors at each transitional milestone that impact success in school and beyond. To date, we have launched four CANs that address the following milestones:
- Infant Health and Development—All Stamford infants will be healthy
- Kindergarten Readiness—All Stamford children will have access to quality early learning
- Early Grade Reading—All Stamford children will be reading at or above grade level by the end of 3rd grade
- Transition from High School to Postsecondary, College and/or Career—All Stamford young adults will attain postsecondary degrees and/or obtain employment
CANs In Development
- Transition to Middle School—All Stamford children will effectively transition to middle school
- Transition to High School—All Stamford youth will succeed academically and graduate from high school
In order to effectively measure, identify effective practices, and align resources, we have designed and developed a detailed action plan process. The process and the related template were created in close partnership with Stamford Public Schools and the Superintendent’s team, and the process is consistently followed by all CANs. Each CAN is at a different stage of action plan completion, depending on the complexity of the objectives and the available data.