Financial Planning Association Presentations on College Financial Planning and the FAFSA in SPANISH and HAITIAN CREOLE, January 13 and January 20 Register Here
These presentations will be valuable for anyone who wants to learn more about the College Financial Aid process, and specifically the FAFSA form. The presentations are part of the free educational program MONEY MATTERS.
Wednesday, January 13, 6:30 - 8:30 pm: Free presentation in Spanish PDF
ÚNETE A NOSOTROS PARA UNA PRESENTACIÓN VIRTUAL GRATUITA: PLANIFICACIÓN DE AYUDA FINANCIERA UNIVERSITARIA
13 DE ENERO DEL 2021 desde las 6:30 a las 8:00 de la noche
Esta presentación será valiosa para cualquiera que desee obtener más información sobre el proceso de aplicación para ayuda financiera universitaria, y específicamente, el formulario FAFSA.
La Inscripción es gratis y fácil en: www.moneymattersfpact.org
Wednesday, January 20, 6:30 - 8:30 pm: Free presentation in Haitian Creole PDF
Jwenn nou pou yon prezantasyon vityèl gratis: Planifikasyon èd finansye pou kolè
20 Janvye 2021 - 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Prezantasyon sa ap gen anpil valè pou nenpòt moun ki vle aprann plis sou pwosesis èd finansye pou kolèj, espesyalman, fòm FAFSA a.
Enskripsyon an gratis epi fasil nan: www.moneymattersfpact.org
Community Racial Justice Series, Sessions Four & Five, Tuesday, January 19 and Tuesday, January 26 PDF
Race and Religion
Seeking the Beloved Community: Faith Through the Lens of Race
Session Four: January 19, 2021, 12-1 pm
Panelists: Cantor Jill Abramson, Congregation Shir Ami; Rev. Dr. Michael Christie, Union Baptist Church; Maher Hussein, President Islamic Center of NY (Stamford)
Session Five: January 26 at 6:30 pm
Panelists: Néstor Gómez, First Congregational Chruch; Rev. Dr. Robert Jackson, Bethel African Methodist Episcopal; Rev. Dr. Cheryl McFadden, Christ Church of Greenwich
Community Racial Justice Series Session Three PDF
Steps to Becoming an Anti-Racist Organization:
Join Us for a Conversation with Local Leaders
Tuesday, December 15, 1-2:30 pm
View the Recorded Session Here
It's Time for Greater Foundation Board Diversity by H. Art Taylor, in Forbes Magazine
Black and Brown Boys Don't Need to Learn "Grit", They Need Schools to Stop Being Racist, by André Perry PDF
DOMUS Knights Student Obstacles PDF
Fall 2020 Strive Together Cradle to Career Convening Daily Summaries
Money Matters: College Financial Aid Planning / Understanding the FAFSA
Wednesday, November 4, 6:30 - 8:30 PM Eastern Time
- Webinar Resource Guide PDF (English)
- Webinar Recording
- FAFSA Day Event
- Email or call to set up a time for virtual assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-857-7023
Community Racial Justice Series Session One
Community Adverse Experiences with Assistant Superintendent Olympia Della Flora
- Thursday, October 29 at 1 PM Eastern Time
Community Resources Webinar
- October 22, 10:30 AM Eastern Time (English)
ZOOM Tutoring Trainings PDF of Handouts
- October 5, 3::45 AM Eastern Time (English)
- October 6, 9::45 AM Eastern Time (English)
Stamford Stands Against Racism Webinars:
- Stamford Stands Against Racism Intro Webinar 1 (English)
- When: Aug 12, 2020 03:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Stamford Stands Against Racism Intro Webinar 2 (English)
- When: Aug 20, 2020 05:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Stamford Stands Against Racism Intro Webinar 3 (Espanol)
- When: Aug 20, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Summer Programming Resources
- Join the Boys and Girls Club of Stamford for a Virtual Event Closing the Achievement Gap August 5, 2020 at 7 PM, A panel of community leaders, experts and a special guest will explore what we can do to help our youth succeed in the future. Click here for flyer and additional information.
- Kindergarten Readiness Fairs: Click here for the flyer and additional information on how to attend one of our outdoor Kindergarten Readiness Fairs! Fairs will include:
- Kindergarten Registration: Stamford Public Schools staff will register your child for school
- Kindergarten Readiness Assessment: Stamford educators will complete a storybook-based assessment with your child to help teachers know more about how to begin their kindergarten literacy instruction with your child.
- Register for a Free Physical Exam: School-Based Health Center staff will be available to register your child for a well-child physical exam or required immunizations.
- Beyond Limits Academics is offering virtual Summer Math Academies for middle and high school students to review and refresh critical math skills and learn core math concepts. FREE for families eligible for free or reduced price lunch. Click here for flyer.
- Beyond Limits hosts a virtual summer program for SPS students entering 6th grade. Click here for flyer.
- SC2C, Family Centers, Stamford Public Schools and SPEF have collaborated on a free program for families with children entering Kindergarten called Bridge to K. Click here for flyer and additional information.
Census 2020 Resources
Restorative Practices Resources
- Whats My Aces Score?
- CYW Adverse Childhood Experiences Questionnaire
- Restorative Practices 2020 Flyer
Stamford Cradle to Career Reports (PDF)
- 2018 Stamford C2C Report
- Stamford Cradle to Career 2017 Community Report (December 2017)
- Stamford Cradle to Career Baseline Community Report, November 2016
- Stamford Cradle to Career Brochure
- Stamford Cradle to Career One Page Overview
- Stamford Cradle to Career Palm Card
- CT College Enrollment Declining Faster than National Rate
- Stamford Plus Article *please reach out to backbone organization for paper copies
- How to Qualify for Free, Reduced Lunch in Stamford Schools
- Stamford Sees Spike in Students Registering for Free, Reduced Lunch
- Early Childhood Assessments on the Rise, Spur Longterm Success
- Stamford College Program Aims to Combat ‘Summer Melt’
- Stamford program combats attrition of first-time college students
- Stanford Social Innovation Review, "Community Engagement Matters (Now More Than Ever)"(PDF)
also accessible here
- Harvard Business School, "Business Aligning for Students: The Promise of Collective Impact" (PDF)
also accessible here
- Strive Together Theory of Action
- NPR: “What One District’s Data Mining Did For Chronic Absence” a story about how Grand Rapids, Michigan, reduced their rate of chronic absence by almost 50%.
Launch Event - November 10, 2016
Our Design Institute in December 2015 brought together many stakeholders to help design the project, including our ultimate goals for this initiative. The documents below are the result of that meeting.
- Vision and Mission Feedback
- Outcomes and Indicators Feedback
- Accountability Structure Feedback
- The most frequently used word during check-out was “Hopeful”