The Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) of Western CT engages youth ages 11-18 in quality, team-based service-learning projects in the Greater Danbury area. YVC's mission is to create volunteer opportunities to address community needs and to inspire youth for a lifetime commitment to service.
YVC’s Four Fundamental Goals
- To engage youth in service projects that are challenging, rewarding and educational.
- To serve the unmet needs of the community and its residents.
- To promote among youth a greater understanding and appreciation for the diversity of their community.
- To promote a lifetime ethic of service among youth.
The YVC program includes a school year component and a summer component. During the school year, youth engage in a variety of projects scheduled after school, weekends and other days off from school.
The summer component, YVC Summer is a more intensive program which engages youth in three-day projects for several weeks throughout the summer.
YVC Summer is a six week program offering service-learning oriented projects at different agencies each week. To sign up for YVC Summer, Register Here!
Youth Advisory Board
Youth also have the opportunity to apply for the Youth Advisory Board. This group is selected for their leadership potential, enthusiasm, ability to work well with others and passion for service. For more information or to join please contact Morgan Greening at 203-297-6736 or email@example.com.
Support YVC Programming
Your donation supports:
- $ 85 - A youth for week of Summer of Service Camp
- $ 150 - A week of lunches for YVC Summer participants
- $ 350 - CPR training for our team leaders
- $1,000 - Send a youth to the National Youth Volunteer Corps Summit
- $2,000 - Sponsor a team leader for YVC Summer Leadership