INSPIRING YOUTH FOR A LIFETIME OF SERVICE
Volunteering is a way for youth to obtain eye-opening and world-expanding experiences.
The Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) of Western CT engages youth ages 11-18 in quality, team-based service-learning projects in the Greater Danbury Area. YVC's mission is to create volunteer opportunities to address community needs and to inspire youth for a lifetime commitment to service.
YVC includes a school-year component and a summer component.
- During the school year, youth engage in a variety of projects scheduled after school, on weekends, and on other days off from school. >>Complete the membership form
- The summer component is a six-week program offering service-learning projects at different agencies each week.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- YVC provides safe, meaningful activities in the after-school hours and during the summer for youth ages 11 to 18 at local nonprofit agencies, parks, senior centers, etc.
- The program cultivates leadership qualities in the participating youth.
- Participating youth obtain an understanding of the social and environmental issues affecting our region.
Participating youth also have the opportunity to apply for the Youth Advisory Board. This group is selected for their leadership potential, enthusiasm, ability to work well with others and passion for service.
For more information or to join YVC, please contact Morgan Greening at 203-297-6736 or email@example.com
- 140 YVC volunteers will serve more than 30 agencies this year
- YVC at United Way of Western Connecticut has been a Gold Level program for five years in a row
- In 2017 our program was named YVC Affiliate of the Year
Joining YVC is free and simple--complete the online form.
Support YVC today! Your donation can support:
- 85 - A youth for week of Summer of Service Camp.
- 150 - A week of lunches for YVC Summer participants.
- 350 - CPR training for our team leaders.
- 1,000 - Send a youth to the National Youth Volunteer Corps Summit.
- 2,000 - Sponsor a team leader for YVC Summer Leadership.