10.13.2020. We are disturbed and disheartened to hear of what happened to Congresswoman Jahana Hayes (CT-5th District) last night during a virtual conversation on Zoom. She details the incident and her response in this thoughtful essay on Medium.
This kind of hateful vitriol has no place in this community, no place in our country, and no place in our world. In the words of Rep. Hayes,
“the only way we can cut the cancer of racism out of our communities is by calling it out when we see it and raising our collective voices to get rid of it.”
Let’s all commit to doing something and taking a collective stand against racism and hatred of any kind. Speak up, call it out, take action and VOTE!
Every election helps determine the distribution of critical resources and political representation at the local, state and federal levels. The upcoming election is no different. Voting is not only your responsibility but it’s also your opportunity to show up for yourself, your family, your future and your community.
Resources for Connecticut Voters
Note: Connecticut also offers Election Day Registration. You will need proof of identity and residency.
>> More details
- General information about Elections and Voting in Connecticut, including where you can vote, check eligibility requirements, get information for members of the military and other important information
- Check your Voter Registration Status Online
- Register to Vote Online
- List of Local Registrars of Voters, including location, hours of operation and ID requirements
- Learn about how you can vote by absentee ballot. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all voters are eligible to vote by absentee ballot in the general election held on November 3, 2020. Just check the COVID-19 box on the application.
- Dates to Remember
Connecticut's General Election is Tues., Nov. 3, 2020.
Voter Registration Deadlines
- Voter Registration Must Be Received by Thu., Oct. 29, 2020
- In-Person Request by Mon., Nov. 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM EST
- Last Day to Change Party Affiliation is Thu., Oct. 29, 2020
- Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot is Mon., Nov. 2, 2020
- Deadline to Return Completed Absentee Ballot is Tue., Nov 3, 2020 (fax)