The United Way workplace campaign has been called one of the greatest social inventions in American history. Working together with companies and their employees each year, we invite people through the workplace to advance the common good and create opportunities for a better life for all.
United Way contributions go to work creating lasting changes right where you live, to create an environment where individuals and families are self-sufficient and our communities are healthy, stable and prosperous, in the general fields of education, income and health. Local volunteers invest your contribution in initiaives and collaboratives that get the best results in helping people meet basic needs, such as childcare, emergency shelter and free health clinics. United Way also works to keep people from needing those services in the first place by supporting new approaches that focus on prevention and community changes.
If you would like to launch a United Way workplace campaign, contact Isabel Almeida at 203.297.6725 or email@example.com
United Way has successfully collaborated with many companies and corporations to organize corporate volunteer service projects. For more information, contact Stacy Schulman at 203.826.8479 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll Deduction, Matching Gifts & Workplace Giving
Payroll deduction makes giving easy. Using an employee pledge form, you tell us how much you’d like to give, and your employer then sets aside a portion of your earnings from each pay period to donate to United Way.
1. Confirm - Ask your HR contact or your employer’s Charitable Giving department if they offer gift matching, or check your workplace intranet.
2. Complete - Print or request your company’s matching gift form, or submit via your workplace intranet. Review the program guidelines to see whether United Way is eligible. Note our name and address listed below, the date and amount of your gift, and remember to sign the form if required.
3. Submit - Forward your completed form to us and we'll take it from there. If you're not using a workplace intranet, you can email us at MatchingGifts@uwwesternct.org
You can mail your completed form/paperwork to:
United Way of Western Connecticut
85 West Street
Danbury, CT 06810
We’ll let your employer know that we received your gift and the company will send its matching donation directly to United Way of Western Connecticut. Please note that we are unable to confirm your donation with your employer if you gave anonymously
Tools For A Great Campaign
We’ve pulled together a few things to help you with your campaign -- materials and other resources that are tailored to your community:
- Campaign Brochure
- Leadership Brochure
- Corporate Volunteer Projects Brochure
- Corporate Volunteer Projects for the Holidays
- Campaign Coordinator Quick Guide
- Tips on Running a Successful Campaign
- Campaign Coordinator Training (Tri-State Region)
- Prosperous Communities Start....
Prints to 11x17, can be customized for your company
United Way Logos