Supporting struggling families is simple.
Give once. Give monthly. Give through your will. Get your workplace involved.
What impact does your gift have?
- $100 pays for new books for preschoolers
- $300 pays for swimming, soccer, or music lessons for one child
- $1,500 pays for $3,000 of fresh produce for ALICE families through the Healthy Savings Program
- $5,000 makes child care more affordable at a licensed-based center for 5 families
WAYS TO GIVE
There are many ways to give and help hard-working, paycheck-to-paycheck families across greater Danbury, greater New Milford and Stamford:
Gifts of stock can be a very powerful tool to manage your personal taxes and meet your philanthropic goals at the SAME time.
For most taxpayers any gift of stock that has been held for at least one year - defined as a 'long term' holding - can be written off at fair market value against income if donated to a qualified charity such as United Way of Western Connecticut.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Smith at 203-297-6305.
Donor Advised Funds - coming soon!
IRA owners over age 70½ can make a gift from their IRA directly to a qualified charity such as United Way of Western Connecticut. An IRA charitable rollover gift can help satisfy your required minimum distribution, reduce your taxable income, and further the work of a charitable organization. Please speak with a tax advisor to see if a gift of stock or through your IRA at this time makes sense for you and your financial goals. For more information, please contact Jennifer Smith at 203-297-6305.
Making a will gives you peace of mind today and leaves a legacy that supports the people and causes most important to you tomorrow.
Making or updating your will and including a gift to United Way of Western Connecticut is easier than you might imagine with FreeWill. Including a gift to United Way is a powerful way to continue the fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community for generations to come. >>Learn more and get started today
United Way of Western Connecticut offers workplace giving solutions that are as comprehensive or as simple as your needs require. Whether you’re still working remotely, your colleagues are out in the field or at their desks, we have a solution that allow your company to make a difference for people who are struggling during these challenging times. See what we have to offer and we can work with you to create a custom solution that works best for you and your team.
Matching gifts increase your donation. Many employers match their employees’ gifts, some by as much as 100%. For matching gifts:
1. Confirm - Ask your HR contact or your employer’s Charitable Giving department if they offer gift matching, or check your workplace intranet.
2. Complete - Print or request your company’s matching gift form, or submit via your workplace intranet. Review the program guidelines to see whether United Way is eligible. Note our name and address listed below, the date and amount of your gift, and remember to sign the form if required.
3. Submit - Forward your completed form to us and we'll take it from there. If you're not using a workplace intranet, you can email us at MatchingGifts@uwwesternct.org
You can mail your completed form/paperwork to:
United Way of Western Connecticut
301 Main St., Suite 2-5
Danbury, CT 06810
We’ll let your employer know that we received your gift and the company will send its matching donation directly to United Way of Western Connecticut. Please note that we are unable to confirm your donation with your employer if you gave anonymously.